Support Friendship Circle
Raised so far
- Sophie Ebanks just donated $52.75
- Brandon & Talia just donated $105.50
- Martine Mossop just donated $30
- Shani Spielman just donated $18.99
- Les just donated $189.90
- Jeff just donated $180
- BEVERLEY just donated $211
- Anonymous just donated $52.75
- Kyle Gross just donated $105.50
- Ryan Blumberg just donated $40.09
- Rach and Dean just donated $75
- Ally Karpin just donated $15.82
- Olivia just donated $230
- Anonymous just donated $5.28
- Phebe Parish just donated $10.55
- Gary Sher just donated $37.98
- Leanne and Dean just donated $180
- Anonymous just donated $189.90
- Gabi Carno just donated $90
- SUE just donated $1,080
Sydney Friendship Circle began in 2007 with one participant and a vision to create a better future for people of all abilities.
Friendship Circle is about concentric circles that make up a community with the shared goals of providing education, support and opportunities. Volunteers extend friendship and assistance to young people with disabilities thus, completing the circle. In return the volunteers gain communication and organisational skills plus self-confidence. More importantly, they learn to embrace differences.
The Friendship Circle Walk began in 2009 with a small dedicated committee, a handful of business partners and an idea to build a self-perpetuating annual community fundraising and awareness event.
The Friendship Circle Walk has become a popular event attracting over 1,500 people and raising nearly $150k per year to support programmes for children with disabilities.